Welcome friends! You might notice that the blog looks very different than it used to. I've recently re-branded The City Dweller site, allowing it to evolve as I evolve.
Though I'm still fleshing out a few new elements here and there, I thought it apt to unveil my freshly baked blog on the first day of the new year.
I hope you are as excited about 2014 as I am. I cannot say that I have made many resolutions, but I definitely do have a couple of focuses (foci?) for myself. I'll share a few, in no particular order:
- Finish writing my feature-length screenplay. (I'll be sharing more about what an unabashed film nut I am in future posts.)
- Wear heels twice a week. (I've actually got a friend who is keeping tabs on whether I do this.)
- Dust off the old passport and travel more!
- Connect more deeply with my friends and family.
- Be bolder and more artistic.
- Adopt the motto of wysiwyg. That is a geek-speak acronym for what you see is what you get. Over the years, I've gotten into the habit of compartmentalizing elements of my life and deciding who sees what about me. In 2014, I'd like to ease up on this a bit. While the compartmentalizing has protected me on some occasions, I think it has blocked me from blessings on others, and I want all my blessings! Holler if you hear me.
- Volunteer at least once a month. I'm actually excited to check out Community Bucket. Have any of you volunteered with them yet? It seems cool.
- Grow my hair long. I haven't worn it long since high school and I'm ready for a style change.
- Win the Mega Millions lottery. Naturally.
- Re-design my blog site. (Done!)
- Send a handwritten letter or postcard to a loved one once a month. (Hope I can keep that one up!)
See? Simple yet lofty areas of focus. I feel like the above mosaic will keep me grounded, connected, playful, and surrounded by a loving community.
So there you have it. On this first day of the new year, this is my first post with the blog re-design. Feel free to browse around the site by using the navigation at the top, as well as the search box to the right or the drop-down menu of categories below that.
Tell me you think in the comments!