5 Reasons to Attend the BronzeLens Film Festival
This week is the start of the 5th Annual BronzeLens Film Festival! If you're an aspiring filmmaker, be sure to attend. Bronzelens is a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing national and worldwide attention to Atlanta as a center for film and film production for people of color.
Its mission is twofold: to promote Atlanta as the new film Mecca for people of color, and to showcase films and provide networking opportunities that will develop the next generation of filmmakers.
Since its inception, the BronzeLens Film Festival has evolved as one of the most comprehensive film festivals for filmmakers of color in the United States.
From Opening Night on Wednesday Oct 22nd, to Closing Night on October 26th, BronzeLens has a schedule of events that offers comprehensive exposure to the film industry. If you’re looking to start a career in film, especially when Atlanta has so many access points, here are five reasons why BronzeLens will be a good festival for you to attend:
- BronzeLens presents something for every interest in the industry: writing, editing, producing, directing, acting, location scouting, and everything in between. You’ll leave with nuggets of information on your chosen angle, and may even discover a new interest.
- The panel discussions are packed with information and networking opportunities. With panelists who actually work and have achieved success in the film business, attendees will gain firsthand knowledge of what it will take to turn their dreams into reality. Panels like the “Producer’s Roundtable”, “Production in Atlanta”, “Raising Money for Your Film”, and “Successful Marketing Strategies” offer answers to the questions that are buzzing on every aspiring filmmaker’s mind. And because Atlanta has a thriving entertainment industry, much of the information is applicable right here in this city, as opposed to being solely for New York or Los Angeles.
- There are dozens of films available for you to view. Topics range from historical to sci-fi, romance to drama, documentary to international, and they’re included in the competitively-priced tickets.
- There’s a ticket package to suit everyone’s needs and budgets. Whether you want to view films, attend the workshops and panels, attend one day of the festival, or attend the whole enchilada, there’s a ticket package for you. Discounts for students!
- There are plenty of events besides workshops and screenings, such after-hours meet & greets, networking sessions, parties, and premieres, as well as the Women SuperStars Luncheon and the Bronzelens Awards show.
If you’re looking to get involved in Atlanta’s film scene, this is one festival you don’t want to miss!